Control and Limit Workers
Are You At Risk?
Many employers look at the costs of workers compensation insurance as an unavoidable expense over which they have little or no control. However, experience shows that worker compensation costs will respond to dedicated efforts to keep them in tow.
Steps to Control Workers’ Compensation Costs:
1. Identify applicants to your company that may pose a higher than
2. Conduct thorough background checks before hiring.
3. Have permanent programs in place to train employees on safe
4. Remind employees to practice safety procedures by displaying safety posters in employee-only areas.
5. Search out workplace hazards that have caused or may cause injury or illness.
6. Classify job descriptions and titles correctly.
7. Establish a safety committee made up of at least one employee and yourself.
8. Provide prompt medical attention in the event of an injury to
Lynott, William. “Controlling Workers’ Compensation Costs.” Rental Management Magazine. N.p., 16 Sept. 2016. Web. 06 Oct. 2016.